SISTER ACT 3

I have a dear friend who is a Catholic nun. Sister Giulli ministered to the Zapatistas in Chiapas, Mexico. She was close as family to Subcommander Marcos. She is one of the truly great human beings I have ever known.

 
She is in her eighties now, still spry and vivacious. We speak every couple of weeks. She knows I'm an atheist and she doesn't care about my lack of belief.

Giorgio A Tsoukalos Hair - ANGELS

After Pope Francis' latest attack on capitalism, I called for her reaction, and to express my concern for his safety.

The Curia, which surrounds the Papacy is made up of hard line conservatives.  I am still amazed he was elected.

I weighed in with my opinions, and asked her why she thought Francis had not yet broached the issue of female priests.

Her response was surprising and incredibly insightful. Priests are required to follow the teachings of he church and are under the control of the Pope. Nuns are not, which explains her influence among her sisters and the great effect of Liberal nuns around the world.

I thought of Nuns on the Bus, that wonderful band of women who travel the country advocating for economic justice and social equality.

I am not a Catholic, not even a Christian. But Christians could hardly do better than Pope Francis and Sister Giulli.
Don't forget to share with your friends and colleagues

Facebook Twitter Google Digg StumbleUpon Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest buffer
You can leave your comments below, in the Comment Section. We like to have a healthy debate here. Please avoid profanity, personal attacks and rouse racial and religious sensitivity. The views of the commentators are not shared by Both Coin. The bottomline is, comment sensibly with relevance to the article.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 

SOCIAL

SEARCH HERE