SECURITY BODY CHECK IN AIRPORTS IS SEXUAL ABUSE?

Disclaimer: This is purely the view of the author. Both Coin neither agrees to nor shares the view of the author.

Many people compare these to rape and molestation. As a survivor of both, it REALLY pisses me off to hear the comparison. I fly at a minimum 4 times a month. I have been body scanned at least 7 times this year alone, and have had about 5 good pat downs. As a survivor of both molestation at the age of 5 and 2 rapes in my teen years...you would think I would have the biggest problem with this. What I have noticed is, the people comparing the two are NEVER people who have been raped or molested themselves. I've asked. They always say.."Well, uh, no...but....".
I get infuriated when someone sits there whining about a pat down they have had..."Oh, but I was soo molested!". Seriously? You want sympathy from me, a woman who was molested at the age of 5 by a sick freak....raped at the age of 13 by a very abusive sadist...and then drugged with friends at 15 and forced to take pictures and perform sexual favors....for your 15 second pat down? (most with the backs of their hands..performed by someone of the same sex that has no desire to touch you...do they even LOOK happy when they check you up??) It is hard to hold my tongue when it happens. To suggest these people are molesting your children? Most of them have kids...that is why they are at work, trying to support them. Last I checked, the TSA isn't recruiting sexual offenders as their employees.

The fact is, in 2001...a bunch of planes were hijacked and a thousands of people died because of it. I would rather get a few second pat down than take my chances that some other savage scum is trying to kill us all. If you fly as much as I do, it is a VERY real threat. I am HAPPY they are doing all they can to ensure I wont die. 

The argument that kids shouldn't go through this is not valid, to me. Those same kids will grow up and have to do it. I also wouldn't put it past a sick fuck to tuck some shit on a kid to get it past. I know we like to THINK this world is better than what it is...but it isn't. People want you to die for no reason other than they would enjoy knowing they caused it.

I just wish people who have NEVER been raped or molested would STOP saying that the scanner and the pat downs are the same. it isn't. I spent my entire youth trying to destroy myself with drugs and suicide attempts to dull the pain of what I suffered. You name me ONE person that did the same over the TSA!

You can't right? Thought so.
Don't forget to share with your friends and colleagues

Facebook Twitter Google Digg StumbleUpon Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest buffer
You can leave your comments below, in the Comment Section. We like to have a healthy debate here. Please avoid profanity, personal attacks and rouse racial and religious sensitivity. The views of the commentators are not shared by Both Coin. The bottomline is, comment sensibly with relevance to the article.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 

SOCIAL

SEARCH HERE