WHY AM I AN ATHEIST - CONFESSIONS OF A JANE DOE (PART 2)

If you haven't read Part 1, read it here: 

My second elder sister is a very argumentative, obnoxious woman and she is not at good and talking terms with our extended family. Joining our eldest sister's act up, she swayed in trance, sporting and shaking bunches of neem leaves as pom poms like a cheerleader and called up our Grandma on the phone (God is tech savvy and I bet he is having iPhone 5S with Him) and told the aged lady that Kalliamma is on her right now and unless one of our uncle with whom she is having a vendetta with, prostrates at her feet and apologize, he will vomit blood and die. 
The uncle of mine who is not religious is still alive and well until today; the fate my second sister cursed him with didn't even ruffle his hair. 

See how god is used to fulfill human agendas and vested interests? That is why we have so many religious denominations and sects. It is all contained in selfishness. 

Now, my second sister is the one who is having life hard. Her 2 kindergartens are running in the red, her husband is an alcoholic and looks like a vagrant and is having a skin disease and her only daughter always falls ill. This sister of mine suffers from habitual cursing and denunciation. She even calls our father a bloody bastard. 

Now I believe you readers are aware of the magnitude of my sister's odium and indecency. Law of attraction. You get what you give boomerang style and if the boomerang doesn't reach you, it will reach your posterity.

My 3rd elder sister granted me a boon that I'll get 5 As in a government test for high school students. I was hesitantly like, "Oh, okay sis" and my heart literally jumped out of my ribcage when my sister in trance bellowed,"I am not your sister! I am Kaliamma!!" I just stood there like a lamp post, mouth, hung open.
 
I defied the word of Kaliamma by scoring better results and upon hearing the news, my aforementioned sister enthused that Kaliamma had shown her amazing grace by granting me additional perfect scores and I was wondering how on earth my sister had known what she had said when Kaliamma was professedly inhabiting her body. 

See, I had observed that as soon as the gods leave the body of my sisters, they'd get stuporous and feebly disclose that they do not know what they said while in trance but voila, there was my third sister, remembering what she said when she was supposedly to be under the influence of Kaliama. Contradicting no? If I had blind faith, this point would absolutely elude me but mine is a critical mind. I weigh things mathematically, scientifically and bloody logically. 

At that time, I almost called all of the so-called otherworldy, ethereal and celestial stunts as a big fat lie. But, of course, I didn't have the gumption to do it because of the attachment I have to my family and the fear of being labelled as 'The Family Misfit.' 

I was trying to fit in; I was too young and I was confused about my spirituality or the lack of it.While my peers were busy with their crushes and puppy love, my mind was abuzz with agnostic thoughts and there was a fear in me - the fear of sinning by having such generally unacceptable and blasphemous thoughts- a fear no human being should be subjected to.

Read final part here: 
Don't forget to share with your friends and colleagues

Facebook Twitter Google Digg StumbleUpon Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest buffer
You can leave your comments below, in the Comment Section. We like to have a healthy debate here. Please avoid profanity, personal attacks and rouse racial and religious sensitivity. The views of the commentators are not shared by Both Coin. The bottomline is, comment sensibly with relevance to the article.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 

SOCIAL

SEARCH HERE